Thursday, September 9, 2010

How long should it realistically take to find a good job in your field?

I recently moved to Chesapeake, VA so my spouse could accept a better job and I have been searching for a job for a month now. I have worked in Operations and Logistics for over a decade and am looking for similar work. I have my resume posted on Monster, Career builder and several other job sites. I set aside 3-4 hours a day to search various companies websites and apply for jobs yet, I have had NO feedback. I think that I should have gotten at least a couples nibbles. Having never been unemployed before, I am feeling very discouraged and my self-esteem is really starting to nosedive. My brother says that I should expect a job search to take 3-6 months. I think thats crazy. Am I being unrealistic or is he?